In an effort to help the public and lawmakers understand the unique role of the emergency department team and to bolster support to overcome the many challenges we face, ACEP launched a campaign in May 2013 called “Saving Millions.” The campaign includes a series of print ads, radio messages and coordinated editorials in influential communications nationwide. To learn more, click on the “Saving Millions” banner above.
The Kentucky chapter represents the rights and interests of emergency physicians throughout the state. As a strong, unified medical specialty organization we represent our members and their patients at both the state and national levels. Current legislative initiatives include:
- Support for continued development and implementation of the state trauma system
- Monitoring of the continued push to increase the scope of practice of various allied health professionals
- Advocate for the preservation of adequate Medicaid funding
- Advocate for EMTALA-based medical liability reforms
- Development of legislation to regulate and strengthen the qualifications to testify as an expert witness in medical liability proceedings
Support Expert Witness Legislation